Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Tanning Salons - UV radiation
Transcript of Tanning Salons - UV radiation
Period 2 TANNING BEDS Pros of Tanning Beds: * Improves the production of melanin
* Stimulates production of vitamin D
* Enhances physical appearance BACKGROUND INFORMATION: Fluorescent Lamps UV radiation resembling sun Cons of Tanning Beds: UV radiation:
UVA rays: 95% rays emitted
* deeper penetration
These rays stimulate production of melanin (a pigment) to protect the body. * Can increase the risk of skin cancer
* Both types of rays can affect the skin at a genetic level
* Exposes eyes to 100 times more radiation than natural sun-tanning
* Creates wrinkles and weakens the connective tissue in the skin. CONCLUSION * Cons outweigh the benefits
+ increases risk of diseases (skin cancer and melanoma, eyes, burns) * in the end, has negative affects to appearance,
+ wrinkles and premature aging of skin. * Cons continued: * Burns are frequently found after using a tanning bed
* The skin may be dried out and there may be a change in texture. (i.e. wrinkles, leathery skin, change in thickness, and age spots.) UVB rays: 5% rays emitted
*penetrate only top layer each bed has about 10-50 lamps, each consuming about 100 to 200 watts.