Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Introduction to Biology
Transcript of Introduction to Biology
Bio - Life
ology - the study of
Biology: the study of LIFE
Person who studies life
Organism - a living thing
Made of Cells
smallest unit of life
Groups of Cells working together
Groups of tissues working together
Groups of organs working together
Groups of Organ Systems working together
Grows and Develops
increase in mass or size
changes during lifetime
Asexual or Sexual
No sperm with egg
Simple cell division
Maintaining a steady state
Changes in a population over time that allow an organism to survive in it's environment.
** Not everyone eats to get their energy!
-Consider other kinds of waste
Carbon Dioxide for animals
Oxygen for plants
Gets Rid of Waste
1. Define Biology.
2. Identify and begin to describe the characteristics of living organisms.
1. Define Biology
2. Define Biologist
3. What does it mean to be alive.
4. List 3 characteristics of life
that you didn't know.
I learned about biology and biologists. There are 8 characteristics of life. Organisms are alive.
3. Form a conclusion from an evaluation of evidence, data, or observations.
Means "to know"
This is always given.
Answers the question.
Usually starts with Yes or No.
Specific information from graph, data table, or observations that support your claim.
Explains the BIOLOGY that connects evidence and claim. Comes from notes packet and brain.
Practice writing a scientific explanation
Question: Does checking your cell phone during class
affect your grade?
Living or Not?
The organisms must have ALL 8 characteristics of life to be considered alive.