Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Athletic Training Overview
Transcript of Athletic Training Overview
Just Tape & Gatorade? Kent Games MEd, ATC, LAT Doctoral Fellow, Department of Kinesiology Auburn University About Me What is a Certified Athletic Trainer? A. A fitness professional responsible for taping and providing Gatorade to athletes B. A person who works in a gym or fitness center and provides clients with fitness programs C. A health care professional who collaborates with physicians to optimize activity and participation of patients and clients across the age and care continuum. "Athletic Training encompasses the prevention, diagnosis and intervention of emergency, acute, and chronic medical conditions involving impairment, functional limitations, and disabilities." Five Domains of Athletic Training
1. Injury/Illness Prevention
2. Clinical Evaluation and Diagnosis
3. Immediate and Emergency Care
4. Treatment and Rehabilitation
5. Organization and Administration Domains of Athletic Training Treatment and Rehabilitation Injury/Illness Prevention Immediate and Emergency Care Clinical Evaluation/Diagnosis What do you think a Certfied Athletic Trainer does? Tape Bracing Corrective Exercise Nutrition Hydration Prehabilitation Organization and Administration Doctor's Appt. Rehab Schedules Coach Changes Practice How do I become an ATC? Two Paths to Certification Undergraduate ATEP Entry-Level Master's Degree During your final year at Auburn Apply to a CAATE Approved Program(s) Ensure all Pre-requisites are finished Wait and See What to Expect After Graduation Licensure ATC, LAT Where Do Athletic Trainers Work? EVERYWHERE! Spring Break 2012 Advice Thank your Athletic Trainer in March! KZG0005@auburn.edu Education