Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Samurai sword - Katana
Transcript of Samurai sword - Katana
Kei Eguchi 10902544 Tamahagane Iron ore that is used to make "Katana" is called "Tamahagane". It is produced from iron sand "Satetu".
Disposable clay vessel called "Tatara" is filled with soft pine charcoal and set alight. After temperature becomes appropriate, "Satetu" is added. Charcoal and "Satetu" are added in turns to make layers. Smelting process takes 3 days.
After smelting ends "Tatara" is broken to remove iron bloom called "Kera". Out of 2.5t of "Kera" less than 1t of "Tamahagane" can be produced.