Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Volcanoes
An opening or area of Earth's surface through
which magma and gases
Cool Link ... click below
animation: click below
Thin lava (mafic)
Can be tall
Form over hot spots and rift zones
Form at subduction zones
Most common cone
Thicker magma (felsic)
Broad base, Steep sides
Can be VERY explosive
(after long periods of nonexplosive eruptions)
Piles of pyroclastic solids
Erupt for short periods
Thick magma (felsic)
Usually form along subduction zones
Skjaldbreiður = broad shield
North Am. Plate
Mt. St. Helens