Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Pedigrees 101
-Learn how to read a pedigree
-Learn how to draw a pedigree Definition: A pedigree is a chart of the genetic history of family over several generations. Pedigrees 101 Ever wondered? Track traits and diseases through your family using a pedigree chart! See what you can determine from this pedigree chart. Biology I Uses: Pedigrees are used to analyze traits in a family.
A geneticist might draw one for your family to see how a disease is inherited and to calculate the probability that it will be passed to future generations. Pedigrees 101 Biology I Credits/References:
- "Understanding Pedigrees" by Mr.Biology1, youtube.com
- "Pedigree Charts" PowerPoint, slideshare.net
- "Standardized Pedigree Symbols and Relationships" from migrc.org
-"Finding Nemo" from moviesoundclips.net Objective 2. A sorting and recombination of genes during sexual reproduction results in a great variety of possible gene combinations from the offspring of any two parents (i.e., Punnett squares and pedigrees). Understanding Pedigrees Standard 2: The Molecular Basis of Heredity – DNA determines the characteristics of organisms. The student will engage in investigations that integrate the process standards and lead to the discovery of the following objectives: Concept: Pedigrees Standard and Objective Have you ever wondered how traits and diseases are passed through your family?