Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Pedigrees 101
-Learn how to read a pedigree
-Learn how to draw a pedigree Definition: A pedigree is a chart of the genetic history of family over several generations. Pedigrees 101 Ever wondered? Track traits and diseases through your family using a pedigree chart! See what you can determine from this pedigree chart. Biology I Uses: Pedigrees are used to analyze traits in a family.
A geneticist might draw one for your family to see how a disease is inherited and to calculate the probability that it will be passed to future generations. Pedigrees 101 Biology I Credits/References:
- "Understanding Pedigrees" by Mr.Biology1, youtube.com
- "Pedigree Charts" PowerPoint, slideshare.net
- "Standardized Pedigree Symbols and Relationships" from migrc.org
-"Finding Nemo" from moviesoundclips.net Objective 2. A sorting and recombination of genes during sexual reproduction results in a great variety of possible gene combinations from the offspring of any two parents (i.e., Punnett squares and pedigrees). Understanding Pedigrees Standard 2: The Molecular Basis of Heredity – DNA determines the characteristics of organisms. The student will engage in investigations that integrate the process standards and lead to the discovery of the following objectives: Concept: Pedigrees Standard and Objective Have you ever wondered how traits and diseases are passed through your family?