Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
CHAPTER 3 Rizal
Transcript of CHAPTER 3 Rizal
A scion of a Catholic clan.
Born and bred in a wholesome atmosphere of Catholicism.
Possessed of an inborn pious spirit.
Rizal at the age of three (3):
- He began to take part in the family prayers.
Jose Rizal's Early Education
Click the thumbnails to zoom into each detail
Add a new detail by dragging the circle frame onto the canvas.
Rizal's Early Religious Formation
Rizal's Inspiration from the Parable of theMoth
1. Who made a vow to go on pilgrimage to the Virgin of Peace and Good Voyage?
2. When did the young Rizal had a pilgrimage?
3. Where did they had their pilgrimage?
4. What is the Spanish family bible commonly called?
5. Where did Teodora graduated?
6. Who among the children of Teodora she almost
lost her life while giving birth to him/her?
7. What is Jose Rizal's religion?
8.Where did their family had a vow?
9. With whom did Rizal had a pilgrimage to Antipolo?
10. in what age did Jose Rizal he was able to read the Spanish family bible?
1. Teodora Alonso
2. June 06, 1868
4. Historia Sagrada
5. Colegio de Santa Rosa
6. Jose Rizal
8. Virgin of Peace and Good Voyage
9. Francisco Mercado
RIZAL grew up a good Catholic.
a devout Catholic, taught him
the Catholic prayers
Rizal at the age of five (5):
- He was able to read haltingly the
Spansih family Bible
HE LOVED TO:
Go to church
Take part in novenas
Join religious procession
Father Leoncio Lopez
One of the men he esteemed and respected
in Calamba during his boyhood.
Pilgrimage to Antipolo
On June 06, 1868, Jose and his father left Calamba to go on pilgrimage to Antipolo.
- First trip of Jose Rizal across Laguna de Bay and his first pilgrimage to Antipolo.
Story of the Moth
Devoted Son of the Church.
" See that you do not behave like the young moth. Don't be disobedient, or you may get burnt as it did"
- Teodora Alonso
And like that young moth, Jose Rizal was fated to die as a martyr for a noble idea.