Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Occupational Therapy
What was going on in the US at the time?
What was going on relevant to Occupational Therapy?
The Progressive Era (1900-1918)
The Mental Hygiene Movement began (1910)
Started as volunteer work, treating WWI injured soldiers
Formation of the American Occupational Therapy Association
Susan E. Tracey
William Rush Dunton Jr.
Herbert J. Hall
What was going on in the World at that time?
The Boxer rebellion took place in China in 1900
The Panama Canal was started in 1903 and officially opened in 1914
The Russo-Japanese War began (1904)
Who were important people in Occupational Therapy?
What we've learned:
Developmental time for Occupational Therapy
Grew into a profession
George Edward Barton
Eleanor Clarke Slagle
NAACP is founded (1909)
Ratification of the 16th-19th amendments (1913-1920)
World War I (1914-1918)
A worldwide influenza epidemic killed over 20 million people (1918-1920)
War-training courses for women to become reconstruction aides, hospital base in France
More curative occupation resources and movements