Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Technology in Early Childhood
Transcript of Technology in Early Childhood
* Outdoor Exploration of community and nature
* Music and Dance
* Learning specific social skills and moral values
* Fine motor activities. Health Issues Child advocacy groups are concerned with health issues such as obesity and irregular sleep patterns. It is recommend for parents to limit the use of internet for the ages of 2 to 5 to a maximum of 30 min per day.
* Behavioral issues
* Focus and attention problems
* Decreased academic performance
* Language development
* Loss of ingenuity, tenacity and
social adeptness. Academic Issues * Closely monitor children on the computer.
* Situate computers so that all screens are visible.
* Bookmark favorite sites for easy access.
* Install internet filtering software that provides
protection from inappropriate material. Class Management Techniques Introducing
* The site should support the instructional concept, themes and philosophy of the educational curriculum.
*The concepts and learning objectives presented should be intended for the age of users.
*Instructions should be simple and precise.
*Teachers may need to assist students guiding them to enrich their learning experience.
*Content on the site should be thorough and current. Tips for Teachers Presented By:
Maribel Del Valle &
Karol Paredes References Other Issues
* Socio Economic Status
* Teacher Understanding
Fred Rogers Center (January 2012).Technology and Interactive Media as tools in Early Childhood Programs Serving Children from Birth through Age 8.Retrieved from http://www.naeyc.org/files/naeyc/file/positions/PS_technology_WEB2.pdfApp Camp (2010). Dust or Magic. Retrieved from K. Schanen (March 2003). The Internet and Early Childhood Classroom.Retrieved from http://www.pbs.org/teachers/earlychildhood/articles/internet.htmlElmhurst (2013). IXL Math Learning that Sticks with you. Retrieved from http://www.ixl.com/
Greg and Steve (November 2007). I'm going in a bear hunt. Retrieved from
http://youtu.be/Wzlu6tbEko http://www.ixl.com/ Fun Activity