Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Active voice, Passive voice, and Moody verbs
Transcript of Active voice, Passive voice, and Moody verbs
Voice Imperative verb moods express commands
or requests. The Product Indicative The indicative mood means that the verb
indicates a fact or opinion. 2) I ate a ham sandwich. Match the sentence with the correct verb mood 1) I wish that I had an unlimited supply of candy.
2) Anna might get hurt if she falls off the boat.
3) If it were Saturday, then I wouldn't have to go to school.
4) If Scott hadn't walked into the dark alley, he wouldn't have gotten jumped.
5) He might shoot me if I take his fried chicken. Examples Subjunctive verb moods express commands,
suggestions, wishes, or conditions that are unrealistic. Subjunctive 1) Billy-Bob Joe was shot in the head with a
2) Paul was robbed by a psychotic
Italian man that tried to cut off his fingers.
3) The television was watched by Maria. Examples Active Voice 1) John walked into the woods.
2) The giant man-baby ran down the street
in a diaper.
3) Skating in the street at night can be
dangerous. Examples 4) Cathy smacked Abby Lee with her
5) A psychotic Italian man tried to rob
6) She ate the poisonous food and died. Examples (continued) Resources C. a sentence where the subject is performing the verb. Answer: When a sentence has active voice in it, this means that the subject in the sentence is performing the verb. Passive Voice When a sentence is passive, the target
of the action gets promoted to the
subject position. Examples (continued) 4) The computer was used by Juanchi.
5) The car was stepped on by a giant man-baby
that was wearing a diaper.
6) The ice-cream man was attacked by zombie
children. Examples 1) Unicorns are amazing.
2) Gymnastics is fun.
3) Women love to shop.
4) Giant man-babies are scary.
5) The ocean is blue. 2) Make me food. 1) Go watch television. 3) Chase the ice cream truck. 4) Rob the bank. 5) Fly to the sun. Examples: Interrogative Interrogative verb moods indicate a state of questioning. Examples 1) What is your favorite song?
2) Will we get an A on this project?
3) How do I fix my car?
4) Why is the weather so crazy?
5) Why does Malcom talk to
computers? Conditional Conditional verb moods indicate a conditional
state that will cause something else to happen. Examples 1) If I eat McDonalds for a year, then I would get fat.
2) I might die if I jump off the Empire State Building.
3) If I run a mile, then I would be tired.
4) If I look at my watch, then I would know the time.
5) If it rains, I could get wet. Question 1 What is active voice? A. a verb B. a noun C. a sentence where the subject is performing the verb. D. a sentence with verbs Question 2: Which of the following sentences demonstrates passive voice? A. I like chicken. B. The boy walked into the museum. C. My grandmother is old. D. The report was written by Jason. 1) Will you drive me to the store? 3) Take me to my house. 4) If a don't feed my cat, then it might die. 5) Cindy might sell the car. A. Conditional B. Indicative C. Subjunctive D. Interrogative E. Imperative Match the sentence with the correct verb mood 1) Will you drive me to the store? 2) I ate a ham sandwich. 3) Take me to my house 4) If a don't feed my cat, then it might die. 5) Cindy might sell the car. A. Conditional B. Indicative C. Subjunctive D. Interrogative E. Imperative Answer D. The report was written by Jason. Question 4 Question 3 True or false? This is an indicative sentence: Justin would play video games, but he is busy. Answer: False: The sentence is not indicative because it does not state a fact, but it states something that could possibly happen in the future. Active and Passive Voice and
Mood Verbs By: Deviny Williams
Arielle Fears Question 5 Question 6 Answer Which sentence uses imperative mood? A) What time is it? B) Don't steal my stuff. C) We are in fifth period. D) If I smoke too much weed, then I will die. D) Don't steal my stuff. Answer True or False? This sentence is using interrogative mood: Why did my turtle run away? True:
The sentence is using interrogative mood because it is asking a question. Question 7 Which sentence is using active voice? A) The bike was ridden by Carl. B) The drumstick was thrown by Mr. Price. C) The class was taught by Mrs. Skaff. D) I rode the bus to school. Answer D) I rode the bus to school.