Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Types of Deaf-Blindness
Transcript of Types of Deaf-Blindness
What are the different types of Deaf-Blindness?
Common condition that affects hearing and vision loss. Commonly causes deafness and retinitis pigmentosa (RP). Usher Syndrome causes your peripheral vision to dwindle away until you can't see hardly anything.
Born Deaf and blind or when combined hearing and vision loss occurs before (spoken, signed, or other forms of) language development. This is hereditary and a genetic conditions, Infection contracted by the mother during pregnancy, disease, or injury that affects early childhood development.
People who are born DHH and later begin sight loss, such as Usher Syndrome, it causes deafness or hearing loss at birth , but hits later in life.
People who are born blind or hard of sight go on experiencing hearing loss at a later stage.
People who are born with vision and hearing that deteriorates at a later stage of life through accident, injury,or disease. For many, age can cause a dual sensory loss or Deaf-Blindness.
By: Megan Weinell