Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
A-Z Ancient India
Transcript of A-Z Ancient India
A is for ancient India
1. The Marya Empire was in Ancient India.
2. hinduism and buddism were created in Ncient India.
3. Ancient India was eperated from the world.
B is for Buddism
1. Siddhartha gautama created Buddism
2.Buddism teaches the eigthfold bath
3.Buddism also teaches that all people are equal.
C is for Chandragupta
1.He had been born into a poor family and was sold into slavery.
2.He came into power.
3.His leadership brought order and peace to his people.
D is for Dharma
1.Dharma is the religous and mortal jobs of each person.
2.These jobs relay on things like person's class,age and occupation.
3.To escape the cycle of reincarntion a person must obey their dharma.
E is for empires
1.The empires had fights for thier kingdoms.
2.they conqured new territories that were not yet part of any empire.
3.one of the empires were the Marya Empire.F is for e
F is for founders
1.Chandragupta was the founder of the Marya Empire.
2. Siddhartha Gautama was the founder of Buddism.
3.There is no one founder of Hinduism.
G is for Ganges
1.there were plows from the himalayas into the bay of Bengal.
2.the great river began in the Indus River Vally.
3.Indus and Ganges rivers cut mountians.
H is for Hinduism
1. Hinduism was created from many different religions.
2. Hindus believe in one spirital power called dharma.
3. The most important gods of Hinduism are Vishnu, Brahman, and Shiva.
I is for Indus River Valley
1. Early farmers harvested a surplus of wheat and other grains.
2.They were rich of a soil.
3.Two cities lay along the banks.
Indus River Valley
J is for Janism
1. Janism is another religion that was practiced in Ancient India.
2.Janism followers believed that the world is everlasting.
3.Janism was founded by Vardhamana Mahavira
K is for Karma
1.Karma is a religious term.
2.Karma refers to intentional action that affects one's fortunes in this life and the next.
3.Karma sown in the present life that will come to frution in a future life.
L is for life in Ancient India
1. Houses were all alike, they were made of bakle bricks.
2. In many of these ancient cities there were large pools.
3. People believe that the people in Indus valley used elefants to travel.
Life in ancient india
M Is For Maurya empire
1.It was founded by chandragupta.
2.It was a tiny kingdom within 35 years then it grow ginatitic.
3. Chandragupta passed leadership of maurya empire on his son.
N is for Nirvana
1.Nirvana is the lasting peace that buddists seek by giving up selfish desires.
2.Siddahartha Gutama was someone who used nirvana.
3. By reaching nirvana people will be released from incarnation.It
O is for Om
1.Is the most sacred sign.
2. Most mantras begian with it.
3. The sybllables is sometimes refered as the "udgitha".
P is for Panini
1.He has particulary 3,966 rules.
2.He was decepted rupes Indian postage stamp in 2004.
3.Rambhadracharya gives the name of his father as Pinainia.
Q is for Quest
1.Hindu philosophy lets individuals seek the discover the quest of life.
2.The quest of life asks some questions.
3.Some of the questions are; who am I and were did I come from.
R is for Ribhya
1.A sage whose hermitage was situated on the banks of the ganges.
2.Sanastkumar became one with god.
3.They get their name from lord vishun.
S is for Shiva
1.Shiva is one of the most respected gods.
2.Shiva has three eyes on his head.
3.Shiva is also known as Mahadeva.
T is for Tantra
1.The earliest documented use of the word.
2.Legal produes standardiesd and literacy grew.
3.Tandra was originated in early centries.
U is for Upinshads
1.Upinshads meand to sit next to a teacher.
2.Braman has no phisical discriptions.
3.Form of question given to a teacher.
V is for Vishvamitra
1.He was a king in Ancient India.
2.He was known as a retain a regal and ofter haunty.
3.People feared his prayers and temples.
W is for water color
1.Is a painting technique.
2.The more water the softer the tone.
3.The water wrapidly spreads through paper.
X is for Xylolater
1.Means wood worshiper.
2. A disrespectful term.
3.A term used to refer to eastern orthadox belivers.
Y is for Yana
1.A sanskait ward meaning vehical or path.
2.It is used in Buddism.
3.In Buddism it means to refer to a school or tradition of buddist teachings.
Z is for Zoroastrianism
1. is a religion found between 1200 and 1000.
2.It was found by a persian product named Zoroaster.
3.Zoroastrianism teaches belief in one god.