Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Academic Writing
Academic writing: Not hard when you know the tricks Ok, then. What are the tricks? Forwarding Taking a text's ideas and furthering them
(Harris, 2006, pg. 37) Countering When you take a person's idea and suggest a different way of looking at the same thing. This is not refuting it or claiming it is "wrong"
(Harris, 2006, pg. 56) Coming to Terms When you explain someone else's concept in your own words
(Harris, 2006, pg. 15) Taking an Approach Working from the perspective of a different writer, working through their ideas and reworking them
(Harris, 2006, pg. 74) Revising! Still Not Convinced? Credits Harris, J. (2006). Rewriting. Logan, UT: Utah State University Press.
They Say/ I Say Templates from: http://depts.washington.edu/owrc/Handouts/Useful%20Templates.pdf