Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
03.01 Cell Division
Transcript of 03.01 Cell Division
5. If your observation had not been restricted to the tip of the onion root, how would the results be different?
1. Based on your data, what can you infer about the length of time spent in each stage of the cell cycle?
2. What stages were the longest and shortest? Give a brief explanation of why these stages may have that time period.
Interphase was the most time spent. The second time spent was in the prophase.
3. What is a distinguishing visible feature of each stage of the cell cycle?
4. What differences can you see when you compare the nucleus of a dividing cell with that of a nondividing cell?
The only differences is that chromosomes are only visible in that of dividing cells.
Stage Number of Cells in Part 1 Part 2
Interphase 34 49
Prophase 8 13
Metaphase 3 4
Anaphase 2 3
Telophase 2 4
Cytokinesis 1 3
The most time is used in the interphase.
They all have visible chromosomes. Each phase has several of them.
I believe there would be more chromosomes shown.