Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
History of Robots
Transcript of History of Robots
Annie Hillman 1st block Nov. 15 1013
The First Robots
The very first robot ever made was a clock in 270 BC
In 350 BC a Greek mathematician build a mechanical bird dubbed "the pigeon" that was operated by steam
1801 Joseph Jacquard builds an automated loom that was controlled by a punch card.
Movies with robots
1977 Star wars comes out with the two robotic charaters C-3PO and R2-D2
In 2004 they come out with I Robot witch is about taking over the world
Star Trek next generation also has a robot named Data.
The Three Laws Of Robotics
A robot may not injure a human, or, through inaction , allow a human being to come to harm.
A robot must obey the orders it by human beings except where such would conflict with the First Law.
A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law
later there was added the "Zeroth Law"- A robot may not injure humanity , or, through inaction, allow humanity to come to harm.
Roles and Jobs for Robots
Computer Assisted Manufacturing