Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
The Progression of WWI
Transcript of The Progression of WWI
Allies and Central Powers
The Western and Eastern Fronts
November 11th 1918
Allies (Triple Entente)
Mobile X-ray Machines
-Some of the world's first modern submarines
-Often used to attack merchant ships (even American ones)
-Led to the use of convoy systems
-One of the final causes for the US joining (officially) in the war effort
February 4th 1915- Germany announces any ship (even merchant) approaching an allied nation would be sunk. Even neutrals.
May 7th 1915- The British ship, "Lusitania" is sunk by a German UBoat, killing 128 Americans.
Technically... not an American ship, so the U.S. did not immediately respond
In 1917, Germany announced it would re institute unrestricted submarine warfare, almost immediately sinking three American merchant ships
America Enters the war...
April 6th 1917