Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Legumes
9 Steps to Preparing Dried Legumes
Take Out Poor Quality beans and rocks.
To remove dirty water
4.Cover with Water
How much water?
Twice as much water as beans
At least 2 hours or overnight to soften beans for cooking.
7. Cover with fresh water
8. Bring to a boil
9. Reduce heat and simmer.
2 inches above beans so there is enough to cook beans knowing some water will evaporate
Start cooking process
Longer cooking time so beans get tender and absorb
What other methods can be used to cook beans?
Complete soaking step in microwave
Protein in Dried Beans
Dried beans are an inexpensive good source of protein when served with a grain product (rice, cornbread, etc.)
Legumes provide fiber and B Vitamins
What are the forms of beans?