Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Copy of Everyday Use- Plot Graph
Transcript of Copy of Everyday Use- Plot Graph
Antagonist: Dee (Wangero)
Setting – Time: Late 1960’s to Early 1970’s
Setting (school, park…): It takes place at Mama’s house and in her yard.
Author’s Theme: Heritage, Feminism
Symbolism: Quilts. The Yard
Character and 1 word to descried them:
Dee (Wangero) - deeply determined
Hakim-a-barber- innocuous presence
Dee comes home as a more superficial, conceded person. She then askes for the churn top, and gets it. Maggie seems to be jealous because Dee doesn't even know the history behind it. Then Dee asks for the Quilts, which Mama already promised to Maggie.
Mama has to decide who to give the Quilts to, and she is kind of leaning towards Dee, But she gives the quilts to Maggie instead.
Mama snatches the quilts form Dee and gives them to Maggie. And she tells Dee to take one of the other ones. Dee then leaves.
Maggie gives the quilts to Dee because she feels inferior to her, and she feels like she can never win against her sister.
By: Aleezah Masood