Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of EL
Gary and Alma were having problems, again.
"But you told me it was okay to call up Carol," said Gary. "I asked you if it was okay to talk to her, because it was her birthday and I've wished her a happy birthday every year for the last 10 years."
"But you had already promised me that you would never call her again. You promised me that. So, you lied to me."
"But I had forgotten that I told you that. You know that I forget things. I'm not going to argue with you; you have a memory like an elephant. But you've got to believe me, I completely forgot. And more important, Carol is just a friend."
Reading, writing, listening and speaking!
No, she isn't. She's still in love with you."
"But I'm not in love with her. She can love me all she wants, but I'm not in love with her. I never was!"
"Well, you say that. Maybe it's true. Maybe it isn't. But the important thing is that you never know what the future will bring. You say that nothing will happen between you and her, but you don't know that for sure, because you don't know the future."
"Yes, you're right. No one knows the future. I could fall in love with her again, and she and I might run off and get married and have nine or ten kids."
"Again? What do you mean 'again'?"
Let's watch a video!
A Jealous Girlfriend
1. What are tenses used on the previous text?
3. Can you tell the story for me?
4. Is this text formal or informal? Why?
5. There is any word you don't know?
New Headway Elementary
The New Neighbor
Write a text telling a story based on the video. What can happen after this scenes?
Please, present yourself!
What do you do?
How old are you?
Do you like English?