Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Blood Banana: Chiquita in Colombia
Transcript of Blood Banana: Chiquita in Colombia
Taylor Clay * Karen Wan * Liwei Liu
Central and South America, and the Caribbean
Chiquita Banana: The Original Commercial
The Big Three
What's going on in Colombia?
In 1999, more than half of the population was living in poverty
Civil War had been present since the 1960s.
ELN, FARC, AUC
AUC was one of the largest with 20,000 members
What do bananas and terrorists have in common?
Did Chiquita have another choice if they wanted to continue producing in Colombia？
Chiquita was doing business in a very unstable country
After AUC killed 50 employees, Chiquita felt forced to pay "taxes" to the terrorists
In 2004, Chiquita revealed their involvement with terrorists groups.
Law suit in 2007
Chiquita claimed that in 2003, it asked the Department of Justice about the payments made to the terrorists. The government did not tell them to stop. Is this an excuse for Chiquita to have continued?
History and Geography
Banana: Chiquita in Colombia
The Big Three
Get together with a group of 5. Please come up with a market plan to
1. Rebuild the company image
2. Eliminate the negative influence of the lawsuits against Chiquita
What are the two key challenges of Chiquita?
Control costs while supporting innovation efforts
Remain agile in a competitive , fast-paced marketplace
Question: What are Chiquita’s four core values?
Integrity, Respect, Opportunity, Responsibility
1. Assume you are the CEO of the company, how would you react to the threat to company’s employees?
2. Would you still purchase Chiquita’s products after knowing all of the scandals?