Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
What will happen to the planet if the Global Conveyor Belt s
Transcript of What will happen to the planet if the Global Conveyor Belt s
By:Jesus ,Mario ,Edgar
Process of water currents
The constant motion in the ocean is caused by thermohaline (thermo = temperature; haline = salinity) currents in the deep ocean and wind-driven currents on the surface.
The effect on the climate
It helps balance climate. The warm water from the Tropical Atlantic moves poleward where it gives up some some of its heat to the atmosphere.
What would happen if it shut down?
Without the vast heat that these ocean currents Europe's average temperature would likely drop 9 to 18°F, Such a dip in temperature would be similar to global average temperatures toward the end of the last ice age roughly 20,000 years ago.
Use energy wisely
Recycle toxins correctly
Don't dump waste down sink