Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Psychology
- One subject from the placebo group and two subjects from the bright light group dropped out due to a side effect.
- One subject dropped out due to inconvenience.
- The dawn treatment group showed significantly greater remissions of S.A.D. compared to the other groups (69% greater chance of remission compared to bright light group and 60% compared to the placebo group).
- The experiment showed a correlation between dawn light and remission of S.A.D. symptoms. This correlation suggested that melatonin was the controlling factor. Evaluation of the Experiment - The researchers could not have confirmed accurate executions of the procedure other than what the subject told them.
- Possible side effects were not addressed to the subjects before the experiment (3 dropped out due to side effects - ethical problem. Explain: give a detailed account including reasons and causes. Limitations Strengths - The light simulators were excellent in recreating realistic light exposure (daylight and dawn light).
- The subjects were free of any other major medical conditions that would have altered the results of the experiment. Tutorial Intro Paragraph: - Use research question in opening statement : ex. "Melatonin is a hormone found in mammals that may cause drastic changes in human behavior."
- Give a description of melatonin and what its role is in the body.
- State S.A.D. as a condition related to melatonin and give a description of S.A.D. and how why melatonin is the cause.
- Give researcher's name and year of study. 1st Body Paragraph: - Give a brief explanation of the study
- State experimental groups
- Briefly describe procedure
- Describe participant recruiting method and qualifications 2nd Body Paragraph: - Give results of the experiment and significance of the results
- Give possible limitations and strengths Conclusion: - Briefly summarize the study and how the S.A.D. was treated.
- Concluding statement that supports research question. to write the essay?