Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Social Media Training
Transcript of Social Media Training
How Social Media
Can Help You
"Want Those Snapchats Back? That'll Be $300"
"Mounting Evidence Shows Snapchat Doesn't Delete Photos" - Huffington Post
"Actually, Snapchat Doesn't Delete Your Private Pictures And Someone Found A Way To Resurface Them" - Business Insider
It's All About You
1. Once you post it, you don't own it
2. Nothing is ever deleted
3. What you post impacts you
4. Control YOUR brand
The average Facebook user has
+ Raping at penn state to getting raped in state penn… #beatPennState #santouchsky - @stephyymac
+ "Im gettin it at workouts like a dude who doesnt understand the word no from a drunk girl lol." - @Cfortson4
+“How the eff has the chinese trampoline guy not thrown up his fried rice doing all those flips in a row #10minutes” – Academic All-Star Student Athlete (posted during the Olympics)
* Posted provocative/inappropriate photos (50 %)
* Shared information about drinking or drug use (48 %)
* Bad mouthed a previous employer (33 %)
* Had poor communication skills (30 %)
"I've heard all this before"
"My settings are on private"
"I'm careful about what I post"
"I can't help what my friends do"
"The social-media identity they carved out was never created with the end goal of a job in mind," - Brendan Wallace, CEO - Identified
“The more red flags you have against you, the more risk you are and the lesser chance we’ll be willing to give you what you’re worth athletically.” - MLB Scout
Half of all job seekers are active on social networking sites on a daily basis, and more than a third of all employers utilize these sites in their hiring process. - Forbes
*Candidate conveyed a professional image (57%)
*The hiring manager got a feel for the candidate's personality (50%)
*Candidate showed a wide range of interests (50%)
*Candidate's background supported professional qualifications (49%)
1. All interview requests need to go through the Athletic Media Relations office
2. New U
Contact your SID!
Use social media to help you...
...Not hurt you
Contact the Media Relations office
for all interview requests
Four Points To Keep In Mind About social Media
Think the tweet you deleted is gone? Think again
Looking for a job?
Once you post it, you don't own it
Nothing is ever deleted
Think about the image you're conveying
on social media