Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
History of Presentation Software
Transcript of History of Presentation Software
What's a presentation software?
A presentation software is a tool used to create visual presentations. These presentations are in a slide show format and are created with different programs.
A student who created a presentation program that would manipulate a string of slides
creating graphics presentations with visual aids, hand-outs, etc.
PowerPoint 1.0 produced as output black-and-white overhead transparencies.
PowerPoint 2.0 added output of professional 35mm color slides including online transmission to overnight imaging and processing by Genigraphics.
- Gaskins joined a failing silicon valley firm called Forethought.
- It was called presenter but was changed to PowerPoint to avoid a trademark problem
- It was renamed powerpoint on 1987.
presentation software is used for....
PowerPoint was invented
In 1987, Forethought and PowerPoint were purchased by Microsoft Corporation for $14 million.
PowerPoint 3.0 added
output of live videos, and color slide shows
1994 PowerPoint Version 4
PowerPoint 97 - linear , always proceeding from one slide to the next.