Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Chemical Bonds
Atoms,Ions and Isotopes
Calculating protons, neutrons and electrons
Lewis Dot Model
Definition: A type of chemical bond that involves the electrostatic attraction between two oppositely charged ions
- 1 metal, 1 non-metal
Definition: A chemical bond that involves the sharing of electron pairs between atoms.
-Polar Covalent Bond
Explore the Bonds
- 15 minutes with each envelope pack
- work in pairs to complete task
- both partners names and date must be on answer sheet
-Lewis Dot Model
1) _________ bonds occur between two non-metals and is when two atoms share an _______.
2) An ______bond is due to electrostatic attraction between two ions.
-Using all of the aspects of the periodic table that we've discussed so far what do you think an ionic bond is? How may ionic bonds be similar/different from covalent bonds? Can you explain how each bond happens?
-List the three formulas for finding protons, neutrons and electrons.
- Take out a pen or pencil and a scratch sheet of paper
- go to kahoot.com
- be patient
- Draw the Lewis dot diagram for Li (lithium) and the Bohr Model for Cl (chlorine)
take out a scratch sheet of paper
pen or pencil