Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Chemical Bonds
Atoms,Ions and Isotopes
Calculating protons, neutrons and electrons
Lewis Dot Model
Definition: A type of chemical bond that involves the electrostatic attraction between two oppositely charged ions
- 1 metal, 1 non-metal
Definition: A chemical bond that involves the sharing of electron pairs between atoms.
-Polar Covalent Bond
Explore the Bonds
- 15 minutes with each envelope pack
- work in pairs to complete task
- both partners names and date must be on answer sheet
-Lewis Dot Model
1) _________ bonds occur between two non-metals and is when two atoms share an _______.
2) An ______bond is due to electrostatic attraction between two ions.
-Using all of the aspects of the periodic table that we've discussed so far what do you think an ionic bond is? How may ionic bonds be similar/different from covalent bonds? Can you explain how each bond happens?
-List the three formulas for finding protons, neutrons and electrons.
- Take out a pen or pencil and a scratch sheet of paper
- go to kahoot.com
- be patient
- Draw the Lewis dot diagram for Li (lithium) and the Bohr Model for Cl (chlorine)
take out a scratch sheet of paper
pen or pencil