Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Rebecca cole
Rebecca Cole was born in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania on March 16, 1846. Rebecca was 2nd out of 5 children in her family. Throughout her life she went through many racial and gender challenges and overcame these by having her education in all female schools. She graduated from here and went to graduate from the Women's medical college on Pennsylvania. She then went and served as an intern for a New York Infirmary for Women and Children.
Although Rebecca practiced medicine for 50 years there is only 2 pictures of her because files have been lost.
After completing her internship she went to South Carolina and then returned to Pennsylvania to open her own Women's Clinic for Women and Children. In 1899 she was appointed super-attendant of a home for Women and Children in Washington, D.C. She spent the rest of her life helping these people in the home medically and emotionally. People said that she always looked at the best of and that she was filled with sunshine. Rebecca had delivered 1846 births and has been apart of thousands of cases.