Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Weather, Climate, and Earth’s Position
Transcript of Weather, Climate, and Earth’s Position
-Tilt Earth is tilted 23 degrees
-Equator gets direct sunlight which makes it the hottest place
-Equinox and Solstice the Earth is Perpendicular
-Rotation occurs every 24 hours
-Revolution occurs every 365 days or on a leap year 366 days
Effects of the Sun
-The Sun’s energy affects both weather and climate patterns on Earth.
-About half of the Sun’s energy that reaches Earth is reflected back into space or Absorbed.
(Atmosphere) The trapped energy is known as greenhouse gas.
-greenhouse is natural affect
-global warming is man made effect
-affects global wind patterns
-Winds move heat and cold across Earth’s surface horizontally
-The fastest of these high-speed westerly winds are called the jet streams.
-Currents are great rivers of seawater which carry warm water from the equator and cold water from the polar area.
-The Gulf Stream, along the U.S. East Coast, is an example of a warm current. This current keeps Europe at moderate temperatures
-without there would be no clouds, rain, or storms.
-There are four common forms of precipitation. They are rain, snow, sleet, and hail.
-the higher the topography the colder it becomes
-Mountains influence climates through the orographic effect. Rain shadow the mountain blocks rain on one side therefore making one side greener then the other.
-is the community of plants and animals in an area also known as a biome
Ticket out the door:
1. What type of videos were shown?
2. What was the the purpose of these
3. Was the video political or social?
4. What impact do there perspectives
have the message conveyed by the videos?