Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Strategy Final Project - Nike x Adidas
Transcript of Strategy Final Project - Nike x Adidas
Marketing * Focus on individual performance
* For athletes, top performers * Focus on group performance
* For everyone
* Connection between sports and music
* Official sportswear partner Beijing Olympic Games 2008
* $100 million in cash and merchandise donations for the partnership rights
* Supply apparel to athletes, staff volunteers and technical officials
* Sponsor interactive Internet gaming featuring several Chinese athletes, to place its brand in front of the crowd
* Focusing, as usual, on sponsoring specific athletes "A high jumper will have a Nike shirt on while jumping, then an Adidas shirt when receiving a medal on the stand. Which would you rather have?" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adidas
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nike,_Inc. The world's leading supplier of soccer clothing (national teams of England, Ireland, Sweden and Norway)
Exploit the growing popularity of soccer
For Umbro: benefitial from marketing expertise and financial strenght of Nike
Umbro pulls resources and expertise out of the mother ship as opposed to pushing the mother ship onto the brands Key Sucess Factors *Product development/Technology
*Marketing Strategy Final Project Product Lines Nike Adidas Brand Portfolio Price Premium Premium Production Acquisiton Strategy Today (2004), soccer sales are nearly $1 billion, or 25% of the global market. This year, for the first time, Nike's share of the soccer shoe market in Europe, 35%, exceeded Adidas, at 31%. * Growth through non-Nike brands - expand product portfolio into sports performance and lifestyle categories (fashion). 20% of the U.S. market and the potential to better challenge leader Nike
Entering in entertainment endorsers (line of shoes branded with rapper 50 Cent’s)
Access to Reebok’s licenses to clothe players in the National Football League and National Basketball Association
Adidas advance their position on the sporting goods industry
Use celebrity pitches to enter in the fashion indsutry
Reebok mantain their headquarters
which features pitches from celebrity entertainers and athletes in an effort to draw younger buyers who regard sneakers as high fashion http://www.scribd.com/doc/25005456/Marketing-Strategy-of-Nike