Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of WALES
SEVEN WONDERS OF WALES
MARRIAGE AND CIVIL PARTNERSHIP
cuisine of wales
Asians are one of the largest minority ethnic groups in wales (0.4%)
White people have the majority (92.1%)
Close to 18,000 people are of mixed ethnic origin.
Religion: majority are christians while there other religions like Islam and Indian Hindus also exsist
MUSIC AND DRAMA
1) It is a part of the of United Kingdom.
2) Population of Wales is 3,082,400
3) Total area under Wales is 20,779 km2
4) Languages spoken in Wales is Welsh and English
5) Cardiff is the capital of wales
St Winefride's well
late Neolithic era
Under the Kingdom of Great Britain (1707-1801) and United Kingdom (from 1801 onwards)
Motto of Wales: "Cymru am Byth" which means Wales forever
Roman Invasion in AD 48
Independent 400AD to 13th Century
(AGE OF SAINTS)
NORMANDY: Rule of English King
RED DRAGON OF WALES
St. David - Patron Saint of Wales
DAFFODIL: National Emblem
LEEK: Emblem of wales
A child's age on 1 September determines the point of entry into the relevant stage of education.
The Foundation Phase
Compulsory GCSE and the non-compulsory A-level or BTEC qualifications at age 16 and 18 respectively
22 per cent of classes in maintained primary schools used Welsh as the sole or main medium of instruction.
Adult Community learning
Higher Education Funding Council for Wales
Saint David's Day
"Mary's Festival of the Candles" - February 2
HOLIDAYS IN WALES
March 20–21: Spring Equinox
May 1: May Day
December 21–22: A Winter Solstice or Midwinter festival
Land of the last song
POP N ROCK MUSIC
DRAMA AND THEATRE
ECONOMY & CURRENCY
1) Currency of Wales if Pound Sterling
2) Major exports are: Energy, metals and engineering.
3) Local economy depends majorly on tourism
MINING: Iron and Coal
BRITISH TELECOMMUNICATION PLC
BT Global Services
BT Technology, Service & Operations
Cable & Wireless Worldwide Plc
Deutsche Telekom AG
VODAFONE GROUP PLC
Founded in 1980
Headquarters in London
Revenue £18.017 billion (2013)
PRINCE OF WALES