Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
6.1.1: Surviving the Extremes
Transcript of 6.1.1: Surviving the Extremes
Biggest Threats to Human Health
Temperature as a Threat
At high altitudes there is a lack of heat. This is because gas expands and cools as it rises. If a huamn is not in proper gear they can be affected by these dangerous temperatures.
Pressure as a Threat
As you increase in altitude the pressure lowers. Traveling through these various altitidues can cause great sickness. You can get anything from acute mountain system to high altitiude pulmonary edema. The higher altitude you go, the higher the risk which is why you need the proper equipment when going into high altitudes.
Oxygen as a Threat
As you climb a mountain the high you go the thinner the air will become. Sense the air is thinner this means that there is less oxygen to breath. If you do not have the correct equipment this can be extremly dangerous as you may end up not consuming enough oxygen.
Body Systems Affected
- Less oxygen flow into brain which causes impaired judgement
- Migranes and Dehydration
- Decrease of blood flow to digestive system causes more blood to go to brain and lungs
- Food digestion efficency declines as bodly functions are suppressed
- Increased breathing rate
- Extended period in the at a high altitude cause the lungs to grow capicity to take in more oxygen
- acute rise of blood gluecose levels
- rise of thyroxine in blood which is secreted by the thyroid gland
- stroke volume decreases
- increase in heartbeat
Tips to survive
1. Get Rested - Arriving tired creates room for sickness to develop at high altitudes
2. Get Hydrated- Dehyration decreases the body's ability to acclimatize to high altitude
3. Get Educated- Knowing how to prevent and treat these ilnesses is the best way to fight them
The Product: Ultralight Weight "Spacesuit"
This invention will resemble a spacesuit. It will provide warmth because of the insolation it provides. On the outside of the suit will be small solar pannels which allow for it to be powered by the sun. The oxygen difussier will take in outside air and regulate the pressure in it. Regulating the pressure will give an atmosphere of sea level to help breathing.
The Product: Ultralight weight "spacesuit"
It will be extremly light weight as we are using special nanotechnology to develop the best design possible. This will give people going to high altitudes a safer way to climb by providing air, heat, and overall protection.