Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
MKT501 A2 Matt Williams
Transcript of MKT501 A2 Matt Williams
- Part of Daimler AG (Reutterer, Mild, Natter & Taudes, 2006)
- 5.05% of UK car market (Mercedes-Benz - International Corporate Website, 2015)
- First produced cars in 1926
- An interactive TV campaign to launch the Mercedes-Benz A Class. Audience participation was through Twitter which was synched to a custom YouTube channel
egmentation - younger families / middle-aged, educated, male & female, white-collar middle class, brand conscious, technology savvy
arget Markets - Concentrated targeting strategy
ositioning - Mercedes is a strong brand (Research and markets, 2013) that stands for luxury, style, reliability and status. Customers prepared to pay more for a Merc. The brand mark is instantly recognized throughout the world
- A community marketplace for people to list and book accommodation around the world (Holiday Rentals, Homes, Apartments & Accommodation - Airbnb Australia, 2015)
- Founded in San Francisco in 2008
- Major disruptor within the tourism sector (Coscarelli, 2013)
- Social media campaign (Shahizan, Siti, Ahmad & Norshuhada, 2015)
- "global, social experiment" (Lipsman, Mud, Rich & Bruich, 2012)
- Aim to perform random acts of hospitality for strangers, and then take a video or photo with the person and share it using the hashtag
- Use of social media to attract the
ttention of the target audience
nterest by focusing on and demonstrating benefits
- Convince the audience that they
esire the service and that it will satisfy a need
- Lead the audience towards taking
ction and getting involved
- Major airline with flights operating from Kuala Lumpur International Airport
- National carrier of Malaysia
- 30.2% market share within Asia (Home | Malaysia Airlines, 2015)
- Developed a 'My Ultimate Bucket List' marketing campaign as a way of developing some positive publicity in the wake of recent air disasters (Confusion reigns; the malaysia airlines disappearance, 2014)
- The campaign challenged entrants from Australia and New Zealand to submit an essay of 500 words in answer to the question: “What and where would you like to tick off on your bucket list, and explain why?”
- iPads and flight tickets were offered as prizes
- Keeping in mind the recent air crash tragedies no one at Malaysia Airlines made a connection between death and a 'bucket list'
- Marketing Environment Awareness
- Reshape Marketing Plan (Helms & Nixon, 2010)
- SWOT (SWOT Analysis, 2009)
- Market Research
- A leading beauty product manufacturer
- Focusing on a range of hair and skin products (Skin & Hair Care, Body Cleansers & Lotions, Men Body & Skin Care – Dove, 2015)
- Part of the Unilever conglomerate which is the 3rd largest consumer goods company measured by revenue
Real Beauty Sketches
- Part of the Real Beauty Marketing campaign
- Released in 2013
- The most viral marketing video ever (Dove real beauty sketches becomes the most viewed online video ad of all time, 2013)
Price – price variable important, crowded market, sits within maturity stage of the product life cycle.
Product – product part of everyday life, but also an idea / concept
Promotion – through video that is touching and appeals (Pankraz, 2013)
Place – at supermarkets and distributors globally
People – Predominately single gender i.e. female. Mix of different ages, colours, lifestyles etc.
Physical Evidence – feel, smell, packaging
Processes - Advice sheets and beauty guidance offered online (Vranica, 2008)
Partnership – Global Advisory Board & Butterfly Foundation (eating disorders)
World Wildlife Fund for Nature (WWF)
- The WWF is an international NGO that focuses on environmental conservation (WWF, 2009)
- The group's mission is 'to stop the degradation of the planet’s natural environment and to build a future in which humans live in harmony with nature.'
PESTEL - Political, Economical, Social, Technological, Environmental and Legal
- Use of modern marketing techniques (Burgess, 2014)
My Ultimate Bucket List
Course Code: MKT501
Submitted To: Andrew Mashman
Submitted By: Matt Williams
Student ID: 11571368
Blery, E. K., Katseli, E., & Tsara, N. (2010). Marketing for a non-profit organization. International Review on Public and Non - Profit Marketing, 7(1), 57-68. doi:http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s12208-010-0049-2
Burgess, M. (2014). Modern Marketing Equals Social Engagement. Marketing News, 48(11), 28-29.
Confusion reigns; the malaysia airlines disappearance. (2014, Mar 15). The Economist, 410, 39. Retrieved from http://search.proquest.com/docview/1507831988?accountid=10344
Coscarelli, J. (2013, Sep 30). Air bnb. New York, Retrieved from http://search.proquest.com/docview/1491109860?accountid=10344
Dove real beauty sketches becomes the most viewed online video ad of all time. (2013, May 20). PR Newswire Retrieved from http://search.proquest.com/docview/1353078419?accountid=10344
Harris, R. (2006). Marketing in action. Marketing, 111(36), 34. Retrieved from http://search.proquest.com/docview/227172288?accountid=10344
Helms, M. M., & Nixon, J. (2010). Exploring SWOT analysis - where are we now? Journal of Strategy and Management, 3(3), 215-251. doi:http://dx.doi.org/10.1108/17554251011064837
Home | Malaysia Airlines. (2015). Retrieved from http://www.malaysiaairlines.com/au/en.html
Holiday Rentals, Homes, Apartments & Accommodation - Airbnb Australia. (2015). Retrieved from https://www.airbnb.com.au
Lipsman, A., Mud, G., Rich, M., & Bruich, S. (2012). The Power of "Like": How Brands Reach (and Influence) Fans Through Social-Media Marketing. Journal Of Advertising Research, 52(1), 40-52. doi:10.2501/JAR-52-1-040-052
Mercedes-Benz - International Corporate Website. (2015). Retrieved from https://www.mercedes-benz.com/en/
Pankraz, D. (2013). The new frontier of participation branding. B & T Weekly, Retrieved from http://search.proquest.com/docview/1435722729?accountid=10344
Reutterer, T., Mild, A., Natter, M., & Taudes, A. (2006). A dynamic segmentation approach for targeting and customizing direct marketing campaigns. Journal Of Interactive Marketing (John Wiley & Sons), 20(3/4), 43-57. doi:10.1002/dir.20066
Rauwald, C. (2012, Sep 20). Daimler cuts profit target for mercedes-benz. Wall Street Journal (Online) Retrieved from http://search.proquest.com/docview/1041172296?accountid=10344
Research and markets: Supplying to mercedes-benz. (2013, May 23). Business Wire Retrieved from http://search.proquest.com/docview/1354171514?accountid=10344
Shahizan Hassan, Siti Zaleha Ahmad Nadzim, Norshuhada Shiratuddin, Strategic Use of Social Media for Small Business Based on the AIDA Model, Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences, Volume 172, 27 January 2015, Pages 262-269, ISSN 1877-0428, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.sbspro.2015.01.363.
Skin & Hair Care, Body Cleansers & Lotions, Men Body & Skin Care – Dove. (2015). Retrieved from http://www.mydove.com.au
SWOT Analysis. (2009). Malaysia Airline System Berhad SWOT Analysis, 1-8.
Vranica, S. (2008, Apr 10). Can dove promote a cause and sell soap?; web site is devoted to 'real beauty'... and product placement. Wall Street Journal Retrieved from http://search.proquest.com/docview/399006110?accountid=10344
WWF. (2009, Mar 18). Marketing, , 55. Retrieved from http://search.proquest.com/docview/214952875?accountid=10344
- Online marketing using social media, internet & mobile devices (Harris, 2006)
- Fund raising & awareness (Blery, Katseli, & Tsara, 2010)