Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Note Cards
Use the following system to help create a set of note cards. There are 4 steps to the note card process Components of a note card What should you make a note card for? In Order to Record information on the Note Card you MUST: Step 1: Topic 1. Topic
2. Where you found the information
3. Paraphrased information or quotes
4. Page you found the information on Topic: Source # 1
Page # Create a note card when you find interesting information that you want to include in your research. Document facts, figures and direct quotes.
Each fact, or thought should go on a new card. You will later use the cards to help organize your information. 1. Paraphrase or summarize the information you want to include. Think about the information you are using, what does it mean? Put it in your own words on the note card.
2. When using a quote: you must write it exactly as the author has written it. Be sure to use "quotation marks" around quotes.
!!!!!MAKE SURE YOU DON'T PLAGIARIZE!!!!!!! PLAGIARISM IS CHEATING AND YOU WILL FAIL! Creating The Note Card Creating note cards This is the information that will go on the card.
You can consider the topic to be the main idea of your body paragraph or how you would categorize this information? Creating the Note Card Step 2: Source Title This is the name of the source where you found your information.
This will help you to keep track of the information and document the source in your research paper when you begin writing it. Creating the Note Card Step 3: Writing your information This is where you write your information; weather it be a quote or paraphrased information. Creating the Note Card Step 4: Page Numbers You must document in your research paper, the page number in which you found the information. This allows you to keep track of your information and saves you time while you are writing. Example: Nazca Note Card Discovery of Lines The Lines of Nazca Peru Website Toribio Mejia Xesspe Toribio Mejia Xesspe Toribio Mejia Xesspe was the first person to discover the lines in Peru. Xesspe was an archeologist. Work Cited "Research Paper Note Cards." Shelby County Schools. N.p., n.d. Web. 2 Jan. 2013.