Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Classism
Well, this impacts every one of us in the US and even the world.
Classism is why a woman wont get paid as much as a man.
Classism is why there is Racial Descrimination.
Classism is why there is not much effort being put towards making the poor...less poor.
Women in the Work Force.
The saying "77 cents to the male dollar" has become common.
So what can we do about this social injustice?
Stand up for the respect you deserve!
Don't let this taboo subject go unnoticed.
Be a Class Ally!
So What is Classism?!
Classism is differential treatment based on social class or perceived social class. Classism is the systematic oppression of subordinated class groups to advantage and strengthen the dominant class groups. It’s the systematic assignment of characteristics of worth and ability based on social class.
Don't believe me?
Well here are two real world examples...
The spikes in London.