Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Hipsters 2013
Gender Group: Unisex
Economic Class: Middle Class By: Melissa, Diana, Kaitlyn and Daniel Hipster Subculture 1940-2013 Introduction to Hipsters History Culture Languages Apparel Hipster Music Hipster Movies/TV Subculture of young adults/older
First appeared in 1950's
Still around today
Now made famous because of the Internet -Originally black subculture in 40's
- 10 years later, evolved into a "white" subculture figure
- Developed from idea that minorities in America have been given a forced opinion on life
- Orignated in Lower East Side New York, Capitol Hill Seattle, Salt Lake LA
- Big hipster evolution was from 1999-2009
- White hipster in 1999 wore wifebeater and trucker hats, had lots of tattoos and listened to the music of Johnny Cash
- More recently, Hipsters are said to overlap with vegan, skaters, people who ride BMX, etc. - Could not determine how big the culture was because everyone can be partially labeled as a hipster.
- All hipsters try to do is create an original identity that belongs to no one but themselves.
- We can all relate to this because were all individuals. - Unique version of slang Males Tops: Labels (bands, companies),
uncommon brands (vintage), expensive
brands (Lacoste, Parade) and/or Thrift
Bottoms: Tight jeans, colored pants
Jewelery: Bracelets, long necklaces
Accessories: Backpacks (vintage, jansport), belts, sunglasses, 3D glasses with lenses knocked out
Shoes: Oxfords, Keds, Converse, Vans, Dr.Martens
Hats: Snapbacks, Beanies, Animal hats, Fedoras
Piercings/tattoos: Facial piercings, many tattoos, plugs. -Both Genders like wearing labels. -Vintage, Indie, Grunge looking style. -Accessorizing to the max (jewelery, backpacks, watches). -Showing off with body piercings/tatoos - Brands: uncommon, incredibly pricy or XX1, H&M and Online. -Ripped, Studded, Printed
Clothing. -Whatever was popular 20 years ago, they'll wear. Activities - Reading (Looking for Alaska, 13 Reasons Why, Fault in Our Stars), Social Networking -Quiet Parks, Malls, Skateboarding Parks, Rinks, Coffee Shops, Record Shops, Galleries. -Art, Literature, Photography, Music. What do Hipsters eat? Most are vegan/vegetarian Coffee/Tea, NO POP Sushi, Whole Food,
Plant-Based, Coconut Nutella & Snacks * Bacon, Butchery
Offal, BBQ Religion -Atheist
-New World Order
e.g illuminati DV M K DV DV M M DL DV DL Evolution Of Hispter THANK YOU Female Apparel What is a Hipster ? Hipsterism is similar to Hinduism and Budism. They believe in a open mind and acceptance of other religions, which is similar to Hindus. The firmly belief that everyone needs a way to reach there inner "nirvana". They are also peaceful and non-violent like the Buddist. Another similarity between hipsters and Hindus are there body art. Similarities: Politics: - Many Hipsters take a stand on very controversial issues.
- They are very pro-choice and pro-gay marriage.
- They believe that marijuana should be legalized.
- They are a peaceful population and protest violence.
- Animal cruelty and Animal testing are against what they believe in. M K Shop at:
-Zumiez DL K DL Bibliography http://nymag.com/news/features/69129/index1.html (page one and two) http://cw.ua.edu/2012/11/19/hipster-culture-stems-from-individuality-often-misinterpreted/ http://consideronline.org/2013/01/29/hipster-culture/ http://www.hipstersmusic.com http://www.squidoo.com/how-to-hipst-a-guide-to-becoming-a-hipster http://stuffhipstersdontlike.wordpress.com http://www.livestrong.com/article/200729-the-hipster-diet/ http://tvforhipsters.com http://www.verbal-vomit.com/2011/05/how-to-be-hipster-chapter-2.html http://hipster.co/hipster-clothing-stores -modcloth
-usTrendy -Urban Outfitters
-nasty gal http://www.zazzle.ca/hipster+clothing http://www.etsy.com http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/hipster%20music http://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=154286.0 http://www.screenjunkies.com/movies/movie-lists/7-hipster-movies-you-dont-have-to-be-a-hipster-to-love/ Where do Hipsters Roam? 1.Silver Lake, Los Angeles, CA 2.San Francisco's Mission District
3. Williamsburg, NY
4. Wicker Park, Chicago
5. Oregons' Pearl District, Portland The "Hipster Culture" is most prominant in North America While other countries have versions of Hipsters, the true "Hipster" is mostly in Canada and the USA