Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of 11 11/16
Subtext in The Crucible
Copy down the Lesson EQ:
How do we identify subtext in a play?
Respond to the following:
Choose a moment from ACT I of the play that you think is going to hold a lot of significance in the rest of the play and make a prediction.
stop and jot
Use the graphic organizer to take notes on the description, motivations, and characterization on the characters
What is really taking place in this scene?
What "isn't being said"
how do we find it?
Consider the characters' wants and needs
What do we know about the status of Proctor and Elizabeth's relationship?
What can you assume each character wants from the other?
How do we identify subtext in the play?