Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Making the Transition: Middle School
Transcript of Making the Transition: Middle School
(sports teams, community clubs, fellowships, etc.)
3. Create routines for your child.
(Even for the summer to prep them for what's to come!) The middle school years are a critical period in your child's physical, emotional, social, & academic development! Tips to Survive (& Thrive!) Making the Transition 4. Connect with your child daily.
*Lead with open questions:
what, how, tell me about...
*Have honest conversations about changes they or you have been noticing. 5. Create a study space.
6. Monitor use of electronics & social media
7. Communicate with teachers, counselors, and administrators! (*BUT also teach your child to advocate for himself/herself) We are excited for you to join the AMS family!
Any questions? Research consistently shows:
Parent involvement is the greatest predictor of student academic success and personal well-being. alderwood middle school
counseling department 1. Identify & alleviate common entry fears of 7th graders. Practice with a combination lock
Mark on a school map important locations (classes, bathrooms, lunch room, etc.)
Review student handbook + expectations