Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Making the Transition: Middle School
Transcript of Making the Transition: Middle School
(sports teams, community clubs, fellowships, etc.)
3. Create routines for your child.
(Even for the summer to prep them for what's to come!) The middle school years are a critical period in your child's physical, emotional, social, & academic development! Tips to Survive (& Thrive!) Making the Transition 4. Connect with your child daily.
*Lead with open questions:
what, how, tell me about...
*Have honest conversations about changes they or you have been noticing. 5. Create a study space.
6. Monitor use of electronics & social media
7. Communicate with teachers, counselors, and administrators! (*BUT also teach your child to advocate for himself/herself) We are excited for you to join the AMS family!
Any questions? Research consistently shows:
Parent involvement is the greatest predictor of student academic success and personal well-being. alderwood middle school
counseling department 1. Identify & alleviate common entry fears of 7th graders. Practice with a combination lock
Mark on a school map important locations (classes, bathrooms, lunch room, etc.)
Review student handbook + expectations