Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Performance Appraisal
Helps employees understand their abilities, competencies and relative merit and worth for the organization. http://appraisals.naukrihub.com/
http://blogs.forbes.com/thirtyfingers/2011/06/15/360-degree-peer-review-tell-the-truth/a Sources 1. Critical incident method
2. Weighted checklist method
3. Paired comparison analysis
4. Graphic rating scales
5. Essay Evaluation method
6. Behaviorally anchored rating scales
7. Performance ranking method
8. Management By Objectives (MBO) method
9. 360 degree performance appraisal
10.Forced ranking (forced distribution) Types of Performance Appraisal Methods Who is involved and what are their roles? Challenges Case Study Conclusion The old system discouraged the employees rather than motivate them
A task force of senior human resources executives, councils of employees and middle managers to create a new system
New system spread out throughout the year instead of meeting once, the written on the employee’s goals, objectives, plans, and tasks for the year.
Results were as follows:
81 percent better understood work group objectives
84 percent considered the new appraisal fair
72 percent said they understood how their merit raise was determined
70 percent met their personal and work objectives
77 percent considered the system a step in the right direction
In conclusion, it can be clearly seen that the new system is a vast improvement over the previous one. Determining the evaluation criteria
Create a rating instrument
Lack of competence
Errors in rating and evaluation
Resistance Career development
"Get paid according to what you contribute"
Helps to rate the performance of the employees and evaluate their contribution towards the organizational goals. Industry Perspective: How To Ace Your Performance Review The performance review “destroys morale, kills teamwork and hurts the bottom line,” “A one-side-accountable, boss-administered review is little more than a dysfunctional pretense.”
1. You must take the initiative
2. Do your own self-examination in advance
3. Spell out what support you need from your boss
4. Detail your goals for the next year