Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Asthenosphere
asthenes = weak + sphere Plastic = moveable The upper mantle: the
second layer of the Earth. What is the importance of it? Thicker or more shallow depending on where it is (shallow near ocean surface) The upper part of the asthenosphere is where the lithospheric plates move. HUH?! Continental Drift -
the breaking apart of Pangea about 100 million years ago to the current location of the continents Seismic waves slow down in this layer of the Earth. Cites:
the lithlosphere. http://www.absoluteastronomy.com/topics/Asthenosphere
Our ES Book