Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of gender
What do you think it means to be male or female in the society in which you live?
Consider how gender messages influence or influenced: the gifts you receive, others assumptions about your interests and hobbies, moments when gender assumptions restricted your experiences, times when you challenged gender assumptions and stereotypes, and the reactions of others to your challenge.
What are little girls made of?
Sugar and spice and everything nice
That's what little girls are made of!
What are little boys made of?
Snakes and snails and puppy dog tails
That's what little boys are made of!
1. What gender messages are present in
these children's nursery rhymes?
2. Identify other ways in which gender differences are promoted in infants and children.
3. Describe the gender messages your received from your father or, any dominant male in your life, and the gender messages you received from your mother, or dominant female in your life.
Which gender messages you have adopted from both of these influences.
Which messages that you have rejected. Why have you rejected them?
4. Identify your first gender moment - a time when you realized that other people's concepts of gender were either a benefit or a disadvantage to you.
6. Many researchers say gender roles are becoming open more quickly for girls than for boys. Do you agree?
give an example.