Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Chapter 6: In Sunny Spain
Transcript of Chapter 6: In Sunny Spain
Rizal's Secret mission
- to observe the life and culture, languages and customs, industries, governments and laws of european nations.
- he left a letter to his parents about his mission.
Secret Departure for Spain
-He used the name Jose Mercado.
-May 3 1882- Rizal departed on board the Spanish stramer Salvadora bound for singapore
-while on board, he observed the people and passengers. 16 passengers, 5 or 6 ladies, many children, and the rest gentlemen.
-he was the only Filipino, the rest were Spaniards, British and Indian Negros.
-he met the captain Donato Lecha, from Asturias, Spain
-May 9, 1882- the steamer docked at Singapore.
-Rizal registered at Hotel de la Paz.
From Singapore to Colombo
-May 11 1882- Rizal transfered to another ship Djemnah, a french steamer.
-May 17 1882- the Djemnah reached Point Galle(in Sri Lanka)
First Trip Through Suez Canal
- it took the Djemnah 5 days to traverse the Suez Canal.
- The Suez Canal was built by Ferdinand de Lesseps(French Diplomat engineer)
Naples and Marseilles
June 11- Rizal reached Naples.
June 12- He visited the famouse Chateau d'lf
where Dantes, hero of
The Count of Monte Cristo,
June 15- Rizal left Marseille by train.
June 16- He reached Barcelona.
-Rizal wrote an article named Amor Patrio(Love of Country)
-He sent the article to Basilio Teodoro Moran, publisher of
He also wrote Los Viajes(travels) and Revista de Madrid(Review of Madrid)
Manila moves to Madrid
-Rizal received a bad news about the cholera that was spreading in Manila and other provinces.
-another bad news is about Leonor Rivera, according to Chengoy's letter, she's getting thinner because of the absence of a loved one.