Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Chapter 6: In Sunny Spain
Transcript of Chapter 6: In Sunny Spain
Rizal's Secret mission
- to observe the life and culture, languages and customs, industries, governments and laws of european nations.
- he left a letter to his parents about his mission.
Secret Departure for Spain
-He used the name Jose Mercado.
-May 3 1882- Rizal departed on board the Spanish stramer Salvadora bound for singapore
-while on board, he observed the people and passengers. 16 passengers, 5 or 6 ladies, many children, and the rest gentlemen.
-he was the only Filipino, the rest were Spaniards, British and Indian Negros.
-he met the captain Donato Lecha, from Asturias, Spain
-May 9, 1882- the steamer docked at Singapore.
-Rizal registered at Hotel de la Paz.
From Singapore to Colombo
-May 11 1882- Rizal transfered to another ship Djemnah, a french steamer.
-May 17 1882- the Djemnah reached Point Galle(in Sri Lanka)
First Trip Through Suez Canal
- it took the Djemnah 5 days to traverse the Suez Canal.
- The Suez Canal was built by Ferdinand de Lesseps(French Diplomat engineer)
Naples and Marseilles
June 11- Rizal reached Naples.
June 12- He visited the famouse Chateau d'lf
where Dantes, hero of
The Count of Monte Cristo,
June 15- Rizal left Marseille by train.
June 16- He reached Barcelona.
-Rizal wrote an article named Amor Patrio(Love of Country)
-He sent the article to Basilio Teodoro Moran, publisher of
He also wrote Los Viajes(travels) and Revista de Madrid(Review of Madrid)
Manila moves to Madrid
-Rizal received a bad news about the cholera that was spreading in Manila and other provinces.
-another bad news is about Leonor Rivera, according to Chengoy's letter, she's getting thinner because of the absence of a loved one.