Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Alexander the Great
Transcript of Alexander the Great
Culture His Plan Macedonians - Planned to conquer the entire known world
- included all of Asia, Europe, and Africa
- Died of Malaria before he could complete plan What Happened to the Empire By conquering so much land he allowed for ideas to be passed to and from the Greeks
- Spread of Hellenistic culture
- Ideas and values drawn from Mediterranean and Asia.
- Culture thrived from time of Alexanders death to 146 B.C - Macedon located in the Macedonian
- Hardy, warlike people
- Lived in villages led by
- Macedonian kings could
only rule with support of
nobles Video His Beginnings Taught by Greek Pilosepher -Taught by the Greek philosopher Aristotle -Given the best military training possible by Macedonian army - Learned from father's - the king's - ways
- Trained in army
- Raised as a Greek
- with Aristotle - a Greek philosopher - teaching him
- Was brave, courageous and physically strong. Why was Alexander such a great leader? "Alexander the Great: His Lasting Legacy." Encyclopedia Britannica Online. Encyclopedia Britannica, n.d. Web. 10 Jan. 2013. "Google Images." Google Images. N.p., n.d. Web. 10 Jan. 2013. BBC News. BBC, n.d. Web. 10 Jan. 2013. "Chapter 6." Holt World History: The Human Journey. Austin: Holt, Rinehart and Winston, 2003. N. pag. Print. We'll be talking about...
-Alexander the Great
-his legacy - Three of his generals fought over control of the empire
- Eventually split into three kingdoms that were always in war