Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Osteoporosis Assignment
7C What is it??? http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/155646.php
www.medicinenet.com/osteoporosis/article.htm Osteoporosis is a disease that causes the bones to get brittle, because of the loss of bone tissues, and start fracturing. The density of the bones decrease, resulting in decreasing the strength of the bones and then causing for them to fracture. Osteoporosis is the result of loss of calcium and other mineral components. Some Symptoms of Osteoporosis include... - joint pains
- having difficulty standing
- having difficulty sitting up straight Ostoporosis does not have a lot of symptoms. Calcium gives your bones what they need to grow and it helps regenerate them.
Lack of Calcium can cause your bones to become week. http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/155646.php Symptoms of Osteoporosis... Causes of Osteoporosis... There are major and minor causes of Osteoporosis. Estrogen Deficiency in women
Low Testosterone in Men
Low Calcium intake
Diet- Major Reasons Women are more likely to develop Osteoporosis than men. If someone in your family has osteoporosis, you are more likely to inherit it from them. White and Asian people are more likely to get osteoporosis than black people. We need a proper amount of different vitamins and minerals everyday. Lack of certain vitamins and minerals can also lead to osteoporosis. Calcium gives your bones what they need to grow and it helps regenerate them. Lack of Calcium can cause your bones to become week. - Calcium:
- Vitamin D: To absorb the calcium effectively, your body also needs Vitamin D. Without the intake of Vitamin D, some intake of Calcium could be going to waste and not used to make your bones stronger.
Other Vitamins and Minerals are also very important in a bone healthy diet, Without them your bones can also become week. People with the lack of vitamins and minerals are told to take supplements so their bones don't become extremely week. Calcium gives your bones what they need to grow and it helps regenerate them.
Lack of Calcium can cause your bones to become week. Minor Reasons Your Bone History: if you have had broken bone(s) in the past, you can be more at risk because the broken bone(s), the broken bone(s) probably decreased your BMD (Bone Mineral Density) Low Body Weight: Under-weight people can have already week bones, and their bones can already have very low mass, which can lead to osteoporosis Smoking: can cause increase your chances of getting osteoporosis.The chemicals make it difficult for your body to use calcium .For females, the chemicals can make it hard for estrogen to do one of its jobs; protect your bones Alcohol: too much of alcohol can affect your calcium supply and lower it, and it could change how efficiently calcium is used by your body http://www.spineuniverse.com/conditions/osteoporosis/causes-osteoporosis
it doesn't because...
- you can still inherit the disease from your family
- you might get it because of your bone history
- while trying to prevent the disease, too much exercise can also be harmful for your bones
- while trying to stay healthy, if you take in too much of Protein or too much of other minerals, you could face the lack of other important minerals. Which is harmful. Well, does being healthy 100% of the time mean that I won't get the disease???? NO - Your bones become weaker
- Your body gets weaker
- Height decreases
- Pain: As Osteoporosis gets worse, patients start to feel really bad pain in their bones and have trouble bending, and moving their joints etc.
- Balance: Osteoporosis causes some people to move stiffly because of the pain, which can then negatively affect on your balance. This can cause patients to fall, and fracture more bones, and face more pain.
http://www.ehow.com/facts_5142499_osteoporosis-affect-body.html How does Osteoporosis affect the body?
Foods like Salts, caffeine, and soda can help in producing osteoporosis.
Though, fruits, vegetables, and a reasonable amount of Calcium and Vitamin D products can help prevent Osteoporosis. Calcium containing products like milk, and products that contain Vitamin D, like Orange Juice etc.
http://www.healthlinkbc.ca/healthfiles/hfile68e.stm How do foods contribute or help prevent Osteoporosis????