Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Habit Stacking
Small life changes with a powerful outcome.
How can you start Habit Stacking?
Habit Stacking Areas
5. Spirituality and Mental Well-being
6. Health and Physical Fitness
Small Hinges Swing BIG Doors
How does Habit Stacking work?
Eliminate the stress of trying to change too many things at once
Take advantage of strong existing connections to build new habits
Goal is to simply focus on a single routine that only takes about 15 to 30 minutes to complete.
What might Habit Stacking look like?
Productivity: After I arrive at the office, I will give myself a timeline for completing tasks through out my day
Productivity: Before I attend a meeting I will prepare a list of the 3 most important topics I want to make sure are addressed
Relationships: After I get back from my lunch break, I will send one email to someone I want to meet
Relationships: After I arrive home from work, I will call or contact a friend or family member I have not recently heard from
Finances: After returning home at the end of the day, I will balance my checkbook from that days expenses
Finances: After reading the paper, I will clip the coupons and catalog or file them for ease of use later
Organization: Before I go to bed, I will put away all clothing from that day (launder, hang or fold)
Organization: After I arrive home, I will file not pile the days mail
Spirituality and Mental Well-being: After I brew my morning coffee, I will meditate for one minute.
Spirituality and Mental Well-being: Before I eat my first bite of dinner, I will say one thing I am grateful for that day.
Health and Physical Fitness: Before I take my morning shower, I will do ten pushups
Health and Physical Fitness: Before I start my daily routine, I will drink one glass of water when I wake up
Leisure: After arriving home, I will give myself 10 minutes for me, not speaking or interacting with anyone else
Leisure: Before eating dinner, I will spend 10 minutes playing with my children or pets
The idea of habit stacking is this:
1. You can use it for small habits (actions) that you can either do or not, but which you cannot divide.
2. “Small” means it takes anything between 1 and 5 minutes, give and take.
3. A habit stack is a checklist of habits that fit into 15 to 30 minutes.
4. Start with a small list (let’s say 5 items and 15 minutes).
5. You perform the actions on that checklist daily.
6. The checklist keeps you from forgetting things
7. By cramming the habits into this short time frame you increase your productivity enormously.
Then, just fill out this sentence…
After/Before [CURRENT HABIT], I will [NEW HABIT].
Make a combined list now to prevent forgetting and to keep yourself accountable
Start small you can always add more later
If you fall off? Get back on the Horse!
Make one list of current habits and one of new habits you would like to start
New habits able to be completed in 1-5 minutes
approx. 5 new habits