Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Me, myself and English: "The Suffragettes"
Transcript of Me, myself and English: "The Suffragettes"
Women wanted the vote
between men and women.
-After ten years and thanks
to the determination of
some women, they obtained the
Firstly : "the suffragists", in peaceful ways
, a first group called “the suffragists” tried to obtain the vote for women.
- Peaceful movement led by a woman ;
Millicent Garrett Fawcett
. “if women have to obey the laws, they have to have the right to participate in their creation”.
National Union of Women's Suffrage
- They achieved very little.
The first world war changed the minds
1914 first world war
, women replaced men in their jobs .
After the war, vote for women +30 years old.
the universal suffrage
: every man and every woman
over 21 years
--> consecration for the suffragettes and previous trends but also for all women of the United Kingdom.
- U.K. is the
to give the right to vote to women. (In Belgium it was in 1949).
10 october 1903
: the Suffragettes = an other more
trends (demonstrations, windows broken, churches vandalised, scandal at parliament, etc.)
- Led by
. She and her daughters Christabel and Sylvia Pankhurst create :
“the Women's Social and Political Union” (WSPU)
- repression, jail --> hunger stike. They were
Government accused of harming women -->
“The cat and mouse act”.
- Shocking : death of a militant Emily Wilding Davison on Derby in june 1913.
- Why it's so important to me,
what's my opinion?
- What's the link with
-And you, what do you think about that?
Do you think that minimizing the women is justified?
Do you find normal that such a fight is necessary to guarantee the women the same rights as men?
Emmeline, Christabel and Sylvia Pankhurst
Library of Congress'
- http://www.news.BBC.co.uk, consulté le 5décembre 2013
- http://www.sheilahanlon.com/?page_id=670, consulté le 6 décembre 2011
- Documentary "Les Suffragettes, Ni Paillassons, Ni Prostituées" (Arte,Suisse 2011)
- BBC Bitesize Women's Rights (Suffragettes), published on Jun 6, 2013 on Youtube
- book "Le siècle des féminismes" 10 février 2004, éditions de l'atelier
Secondly : "the suffragettes", in violent ways
Demarez Lynn 1JA1