Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Meet Your Teacher - Mrs. Velasquez
Transcript of Meet Your Teacher - Mrs. Velasquez
My favorite things are...
Where am I from?
Married for 20 years.
I have one brother.
I have four nieces and five nephews.
Do you think I have kids?
Traverse City, Michigan
I also have two dogs!
One year old
Nine and a half years old
Favorite Ride =Millenium Force
Traverse City, MI
But they are super awesome young adults now!
Let's make it a great year!
I am excited to be your 7th grade language arts teacher at
Erie Middle School!!!
Hi, I am
or Mrs. V
I sure do...
Grew up in Oregon
Went to University of Oregon
Lived in The Netherlands and Texas before we moved to Colorado
I graduated from CU Boulder in December 2011.
This will be my 5th year teaching!
I Love Erie Middle School! This is my 4th year here.
The first time I practiced being in a classroom was at EMS with Ms. Martin.
How can we work together as we get to know one another?
Tell me about YOU!
1. Take a selfie of yourself, import your selfie into Notability, then type your first name, last initial on your selfie
EX: Amy V.
2. Type three words that describe you.
EX: friendly, hard-working, caring
3. What are some of your favorite things to do?
EX: hiking, reading, teaching
4. Share a dream you have for your life. Ex: job, place to live, goal for a sport or activity, any dream you have.
EX: write a book
5. Make it your own, be artistic, then submit on Schoology
I want to know what you think...
-20 years old
-Goes to University of Colorado at Boulder and lives on campus
-17 years old, almost 18
- Senior and POM captain at Boulder HS
-16 years old, Junior
-Loves soccer and
attends Boulder High School
My top five
1) I swam with manatees
2) I spent wonderful time with my family in Belize,
Portland, Oregon and Destin, Florida
3) I read at least 11 books
4) I spent time with my puppies
5) I hiked a lot!
On the sticky notes on your desk write down
...what can students do to help a classroom run smoothly
...words that describe a positive teacher
...words that describe your perfect classroom environment
...what will YOU need to do to be successful this year
...our classroom should be ________ every day.
... Language Arts is important because ________.