Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Erosion and Weathering
Transcript of Erosion and Weathering
Ocean Water (waves)
Landslides- Mass Movement
Come up with as many ways to weather/erode Mount Hanna
What makes Earth's surface not flat?
Think back...what is weathering and erosion?
Abrasion- Sediment in rivers water rubs against the rocks and smooths them down and erosion adds sediment to the river water.
Explain how a rock tumbler works. Hint: you put sand and water inside with the rough rocks and they come out smooth. Tell me two examples of where something like this is happening on Earth.
Dust or sand storms
Ex. Southwest, USA
Ex. Grand Canyon formed by Colorado River
Describe how the Grand Canyon formed, step by step. Add in your knowledge from plate tectonic!
How do you think an animal or a tree can weather a rock? Give an example for both.
Breakdown and removal of rock into smaller pieces called sediment by...
Rocks collide with other rocks to cause pieces of the surface to wear away or break off.
1.Grab your tables bucket from the back.
2. Tell you face partner the worst thing about break.
3. Then tell your shoulder partner about your face partners break.
The eroded material is deposited down shore as sand on a beach.
What are three ways water uses abrasion to weather and erode rock?