Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Endocrine System
A substance that acts on specific target cells or tissues to produce a specific response
Diffuse down through the plasma membrane
amino acid hormones
Returns a system to a set point once it has deviated enough from that set point
Where are the main glands located?
Means of communication :
There are 2 kinds
Start the production of proteins
estrogen and testosterone
must bind to receptors on the plasma membrane
How is the Endocrine System regulated?
Main Glands and their function
Estrogen and progesterone
-fight or flight response-
--Ion reabsorption in urine production-
Insuline & Glucagon
T3 and T4
Lack of iodine
TSH-Thyroid Stimulating Hormone
Follicle Stimulating Hormone