Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Copy of Literal Equations
Transcript of Copy of Literal Equations
Literal equations are also formulas...
Solving for a single variable
Equations with only variables..
In this lesson you will rewrite
and use literal equations
What are literal equations?
It will look like this:
Solve the equation 10x + 5y= 80 for y
Looks something like this:
ax + b = c solve for x
Area of a triangle: A= 1/2bh
distance travled: d= rt
Temperature: C= 5/9(F-32)
hint: literal equations have more than one variable
All this means is to get y by itself...
10x + 5y = 80
5y = 80 - 10x
y = 16 - 2x
m-d/e =g solve for d
Can you solve for t?
What does it mean to solve for a variable?
ax + b = c
ax = c - b
x = (c-b)/a
m-d/e = g
m-d = eg
-d = eg - m
d = m - eg