Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Copy of Literal Equations
Transcript of Copy of Literal Equations
Literal equations are also formulas...
Solving for a single variable
Equations with only variables..
In this lesson you will rewrite
and use literal equations
What are literal equations?
It will look like this:
Solve the equation 10x + 5y= 80 for y
Looks something like this:
ax + b = c solve for x
Area of a triangle: A= 1/2bh
distance travled: d= rt
Temperature: C= 5/9(F-32)
hint: literal equations have more than one variable
All this means is to get y by itself...
10x + 5y = 80
5y = 80 - 10x
y = 16 - 2x
m-d/e =g solve for d
Can you solve for t?
What does it mean to solve for a variable?
ax + b = c
ax = c - b
x = (c-b)/a
m-d/e = g
m-d = eg
-d = eg - m
d = m - eg