Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of PCHA Project
shelter boxes to disaster stricken areas such as
Afghanistan, Japan, Myanmar, North Korea, Turkey and many others. UNRWA (United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the near east. Rehabilitate Shelter Rehabilitate Program.
- Aims to rehabilitate, repair and reconstruct 150 of the most hazardous shelters in the West Bank
- The Program will aid 750 families affected NDMA (National Disaster Management Authority Pakistan) UN-HABITAT - Provided IDP Camps for 6000 families in Northern Iraq.
- Planned and Coordinated the implementation of shelter sector activities in post-conflict Iraq.
- Provided Immediate assistance to IDPs in terms of selection and preparation of sites, planning, installation and repair of basic services, condition monitoring and damage assessment of critical housing and infrastructure. Temporarily sheltered families who lost homes in Gaza. A total of 12,000 families have been housed, provided with blankets, cooking equipments and other emergency items. Mercy Relief Reconstruction Cyclone Nargis (2008)
-MR partnered with Accel International Corporation Limited to provide 8 Rapid Deploy Shelters costing S$44,000.
-In addition, MR helped in the reconstruction of Pet Inn Gyi Primary School which cost S$103,400.
-This allowed the teachers and students to teach and learn in a safe and adequately equipped environment. Pakistan Floods (2010)
- Mercy Relief helped to reconstruct 50 homes for the victims in Thatta District, coming up to a total cost of S$220,000.
-Reconstructed Homes are equipped with solar powered lights and latrines with biogas digesting systems. Aftermath of
Humanitarian Situations - Mobilized all available resources to move 47,300 tents to affected areas.
- Also provided 269,895 ration packs to affected areas. Mercy Relief (West Java Earthquake 2006) -MR provided 300 tents, 500 blankets, 500 hygiene packs to service the immediate needs at IDP camps in Pangandaran. References Mercy Relief International Relief - Myanmar - Cyclone Nargis (2008)
Mercy Relief Continues Aid to Pakistan Flood Victims (2011)
http://www.mercyrelief.org/web/Contents/Contents.aspx?Yr=2011&ContId=283 ShelterBox http://www.shelterbox.org/about.php
http://www.youtube.com/watch?=nyM_sk8tjEo NMDA http://www.nmda.gov.pk UN-HABITAT UN Aims to help Iraq improve housing for the poor
http://www.un.org/apps/news/story.asp?NewsID=38586#.UN7wxNxeuFc UNRWA Gaza Situation Report