Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Chapter 10: Complex Experimental Designs
Transcript of Chapter 10: Complex Experimental Designs
Levels of first IV x Number of levels of second IV Number of levels of third IV x Interpreting Factorial Designs Main effect = the effect each variable has by itself
Interaction = interaction between 2 independent variables.
- The effect of one independent variable depends on the certain level of the other variable. Factorial Designs with Manipulated & Non-Manipulated Variables a.k.a. IV x PV Designs This shows how different types of participants will respond to the same manipulated variables Interactions and Moderator Variables Moderator variables = it influences the relationship between 2 other variables; which can
be certain situations or the characteristics of people. Outcomes of 2 x 2 Factorial Designs Simple Main Effects independent group design
repeated measure design Mixed Factorial Design The problem with a study with to many independent variables is that it becomes too complex and need large number of participants Lizette and Franchesca This presentation was brought to you by... 1)May or may not be a significant main effect for independent variable A 2)May or may not be a significant main effect for independent variable B 3)May or may not be a significant interaction for independent variables